Last Updated: May 07, 2019
Introduction and Acceptance
our shall refer to Verified.ng and the references to
your shall refer to the Users of the Service.
Verified.ng is an online verification service that helps users to verify the identities of people and the validity of documents in real-time.
You must be 16 years or older to use this service unsupervised. If you are under the age of 16, you may only use the service in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
Verification of data
By using this service:
- You authorize us to carry out all necessary inquiries to verify the information you submit to us on any database to which we have access.
- You authorize us to communicate with you concerning any ambiguity or other reason, in order that such inquiries can be fairly and diligently be carried out.
As a User:
- You must not use this service in any way that causes, or may cause damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the service; or in any way connected to any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use this service to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit, or other malicious computer software.
- You must not use this service for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
- In order to access certain features of our service, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the purpose of creating an account or as a part of your continued use of the service. You agree that any information you give to us will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) the service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by us. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any part of the service through any automated means (including the use of scripts or web crawlers) and you shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on the Web application and API.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the service (including the servers and networks which are connected to the Web Application or API).
- You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, modify, sell, trade, or resell the Web Application or API, or any portion, feature, or content thereof, for any purpose; provided that you may download one copy of the materials on the website on any single computer for your non-commercial use only and you may print one copy of the materials for your non-commercial use only; further, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices on any downloaded or printed materials.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the service, or your account with or without notice.
- You agree that you shall by no means store or create an alternative database using the data or response received from Verified.ng’s Web Application or API
- You as a user warrant that you shall be solely responsible and liable for Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Know-Your-Customer Business (KYB) details of all persons you introduce to this service and in any event of any fraudulent card transactions and other transactions, you agree to indemnify and defend Verified.ng; and also, you agree to pay for damages, fees, charges and cost awarded against us from a third party’s claim.
- Only humans can access and make use of this service, therefore all accounts that are registered by
botsor other automated methods are not permitted.
- Your account can only be used by one person (you) – a single account shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account and password. Verified.ng cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you from your inability to comply with this security obligation.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or password, kindly notify us immediately.
- You may be charged by your service provider for internet access on your device when using our service.
- You agree that you shall by no means store or create an alternative database using the data or response received from this service. Where we notice that an alternative database has been created, we reserve the right to terminate your access to the service and to take up legal actions against you.
- For third party software, you agree that you have the required license to use any third party’s software
- Your use of this service does not and will not constitute a breach of any existing law, regulation, patent, copyright, or other intellectual property in Nigeria or countries of domicile and operation or any relevant jurisdiction.
- You must be duly registered, licensed (company), and must have the full capacity, regulatory approvals, and corporate authorization to make use of this service.
- Your use of this service shall not constitute any illegal or fraudulent activity or purpose.
- You agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
Spam and Scams
You agree that you shall not use this service to attract, lure, deceive, commit fraud or illegally obtain payment of any sort from others by any unjustified means, for example, where you use this service as a money-making program on any site. Where your account is found to be doing so, such account will be terminated. You, therefore, render yourself to legal enforcement agencies.
In your payment profile, we require you to set up your card or account that will be debited for this service (Wallet). We are working with a partner payment company that is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) certified. Be assured that your card details are protected. You reserve the right to disable a card or account from being debited where you choose not to be debited again from that account.
If you use a debit card to order our service, you will need to confirm that the debit card is yours. All debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer and our payment partner. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorize payment we will not accept your request, we will not be responsible for any delay or non-provision of the service and we are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal. We are not responsible for your card issuer, bank, or payment gateway charging you as a result of our processing of your debit card payment in accordance with your request.
Debit cards and Bank accounts
This service is provided through the use of debit cards and bank accounts. Any card you use must have a valid billing address and a valid card issuing bank. You agree that your debit card or account be debited when you access this service after we have confirmed your card, account and carried out other authentication processes which are required for you to have access to the service. We do not take any additional authentication or identity verification measures other than what we provide you on our website that is sufficient and appropriate to protect your security for the proper use of the service.
Where you elect to pay for your subscription with your debit card, you warrant that the information you provide is correct and that you have the right to use such a debit card. If we notice that the card details you provide for payment are invalid for any reason and so cannot be processed, we may suspend, terminate or cancel your subscription.
You agree not to make fraudulent transactions while using this service. Fraudulent transactions include but not limited to –
- The use of a debit card by a person other than the authorized cardholder to access this service.
- The use of a card that is not authorized in terms of the rules governing the issuance and use of cards;
Where we notice any fraudulent transaction on your account, we may, in addition to any other remedy available to us, be entitled to unilaterally terminate your use of this service
Registration, Accounts, and Logins
This service requires you to register and create an account. You represent and warrant that all information you provide in connection with the creation of an account (
Account) is accurate and true. You agree that, if any information changes, you will update your Account to maintain accurate information.
When you create an Account, you must also create a Login Password for security purposes. You agree that you will not disclose your Login Password to any other person. You agree that you will not transfer, sub-license, sell, or assign your rights in your Account to any other person.
All content included on the service (Website, Web Application, and API), such as trademarks, copyrights, service marks, trade names, text, graphics, logos, icons, button icons, images, data compilations, domain names, and software, is the property of http://verifiedafrprd.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/img8-e1535555934522-1.png Limited and its software suppliers. The aforementioned rights are protected by Nigerian and international copyright laws. Nothing on this service should be construed as granting any license except expressly provided therein.
We may at our discretion and without reasons terminate or suspend your use of this service when we reasonably believe that;
- we are directed by law enforcement or other government agencies to do so
- we are directed by a Card Network or issuing financial institution
- we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or to us
- we suspect that you have engaged in suspicious or fraudulent activity
- you breached or attempt to breach the security of the application
- an unexpected technical issue or problem occurs and our provision of the service is no longer viable
The termination of your access to the service or our provision of the service shall not affect any term which by implication is meant to be enforceable against you after such termination.
By using this service you agree to defend and indemnify us, our officers, employees, and agents (and hold us harmless) from any claim arising out of your use, or inability to use the service, or your violation of any applicable law.
You also agree to indemnify us with respect to any negligent acts or omissions or wilful conducts done by your employees or agents while using the service.
Limitations of Liability
We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from your use, or inability to use the service whether in contract, tort, or otherwise.
We shall also not be liable for the following;
- malfunctions in communications facilities which cannot reasonably be considered to be under our control and that may affect the accuracy or timeliness to provide our services
- any losses or delays in transmission of messages or data arising out of the use of any internet or telecommunications service provider or caused by any browser or other software which is not under our control; or errors on the website or with the service caused by incomplete or incorrect information provided to us by you or a third party
- where we modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service or any part of it, with or without notice
- all actions or inactions of a third party not acting on our instructions neither shall we liable for any action not traceable to us
No liability shall lie against us more than one (1) year if no written notice is received by us of a claim after the accrual of the cause of such liability. Where a jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or disclaimers or the limitation or exclusion of warranties or liabilities, in such case our liability shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
Modification of Terms
The headings in this document are for convenience only and are not intended to have any legal effect nor purport to be complete or accurate descriptions of the content thereof and shall not be used to interpret the provisions of this document.
You also agree that you shall comply with all applicable anti-bribery and anti-corruption Laws in Nigeria and other any relevant jurisdiction.
Address: 1st Floor, Leasing House, C & I Leasing Drive,
Off Bisola Durosinmi Etti Street, Off Admiralty Way,
Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State.
You can also send us an e-mail – support@Verified.ng