Conducting a guarantor verification is the process of verifying the identity and suitability of a guarantor, for an individual or for a business. A guarantor is a person who takes the responsibility for the payment of a debt or fulfilling an obligation on behalf of another person.
Verifying the details of a guarantor helps to reduce the risk of fraud, defaulting, and other forms of financial loss, making it an essential component of background checks. Verified.africa, the leading background check and identity verification service provider in Africa offers 4 types of background check services. They are:
- Academic Record
- Criminal Record
- Identity Verification
- Guarantor Verification
- Address Verification
In this article, we will explore Verified.africa’s Guarantor Verification – and how it can benefit both businesses and individuals. This service aims to help individuals, employers, and organisations to verify the identity and credibility of guarantors for loans, tenancies, employment, and other purposes.
By adding the Guarantor Verification service to our portfolio, we continue to lead the way in providing reliable, fast, and accurate background check services in Africa.
How Guarantor Verification Works on Verified.africa
Suppose you want to hire an applicant (John), and John provides one or more guarantors as specified by you, his employer. To begin the identity verification process, you will start with the applicant’s (John’s) identity verification, followed by the identity verification and consent from John’s guarantors. Follow these simple steps below to use Verified.africa’s guarantor verification service:
- Log into the Verified.africa Portal with your username and password
- Select the country of your choice (e.g. Nigeria) on the left side of your dashboard
- Select “Background Check Services” and click on “Guarantor Verification”
- Click on “new request”, which will display the options of “single” or “bulk” request
- Input the applicant’s KYC details, and then input the details of their guarantor
The information required from the applicant before the identity verification begins are their full name, email address, phone number, identity type (e.g. BVN, Drivers Licence, International Passport, Voters Card) and the Identity Number of the chosen identity type. Each of these details is required for a successful verification to be done as the first step.
The guarantor’s information on the other hand is slightly different from that of the applicant. To begin this process, the guarantor’s full name, email address, phone number, residential address, state of residence, local government, city and town are required and will be imputed in the request.
Be sure to review the provided information before you click “submit”. All these details must be obtained from the applicant before the process commences.
The Guarantor’s Verification
After you have successfully imputed these details in the guarantor verification section, click submit and wait for the results to return to you. An applicant’s ID checks are done immediately and the report can be viewed once you have submitted the request. The applicant’s guarantor on the other hand, receives an email similar to this:
“Dear (guarantor name),
We are reaching out to you because (applicant name – John), who is being considered for employment, has listed you as their guarantor. Please confirm your willingness to guarantee him/her against any loss by completing this form (link to form).
The Verified Team”
The applicant’s guarantor receives an email notification/consent form when they click on the link above. The form displays the following, which will be filled with the correct information:
- Full name of the applicant/guarantor
- Guarantor’s address
- Relationship with applicant
- Length of relationship
- Identification type and identification number
- Additional comments
- Photo upload
- Agreement to the terms of service listed in the checkboxes
The request is processed within 5-7 business days. When this entire process is completed, you will be notified via the portal and your email. The message will read something like this:
“Congratulations, the Guarantor request is now completed successfully. You can view the complete report, including the identity provided for the customer and the identity verification for the guarantor.”
The Importance of the Guarantor Verification Service on Verified.africa
Guarantor Verification offers several benefits, some of which are but are not limited to:
- Ensuring Credibility: By verifying the identity and credibility of guarantors, individuals and organisations can make informed decisions and mitigate risks.
- Fast and Reliable Service: Our guarantor verification request is processed within 5-7 business days, providing fast and reliable service to your business and stakeholders.
- Compliance: Guarantor verification enables organisations to comply with regulatory requirements, such as Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies.
- Assurance Amidst Uncertainty: Guarantor Verification provides security and confidence to individuals and organisations, knowing that the guarantors are trustworthy and credible.
If you’re looking to make informed decisions and mitigate risks of fraud, default, and financial loss, look no further than the Guarantor Verification service on verified.africa. This service is an essential component of background checks for individuals and businesses alike.
At Verified.africa, we take pride in providing reliable, fast, and accurate background check services throughout Africa. So why wait? Try our Guarantor Verification service today and experience the peace of mind that comes with a trustworthy background check.